KARMA 2: Using a GE as a metronome
You want to have a metronome in combi mode, that you can practice with, or send to a drummer for live use.
I'll show you how to set this up inside an INIT combi, but you could do the same thing inside any combi, or a song, as well.
- Go to an INIT Combi. Go to the KARMA GE tab (0-6 on the main screen). Select GE 0002 Arp Model 03 Up, for Module A.
- Turn on the KARMA Switch, play a note or chord - you get a piano arpeggio of 16th notes going up.
- Select a drum Kit for Timbre 1, such as I-F078 Studio Standard Kit (Kronos) or A004 Studio Standard Kit (OASYS), on the Main Combi Page. Now play a note - you get some 16th note drum sounds.
- Now, go the KARMA GE Page again. Press the Module Control Button so that it displays the RTControls for Module A. Move Slider 5 "Note Range" to 0 and play a note (any note) - it now repeats just that single note (but at 16th notes).
- Now, set Slider 2 "Rhythm Pattern" to 119 (so that the KARMA Value field towards the top of the page says "048" - this is a quarter note template.
- Now, by playing the desired note, you can repeat a sidestick (for example).
- You can increase (or remove) the accents with Slider 4 Velocity Accents.
- To remove the panning, go to 7-2 KARMA MIDI Filter, and uncheck the CC-A box for Module A.
- Turn off the Latch Switch so that it stops when you release, or optionally, set the Note Latch Parameter to Off on 7-4 Trigger, if you want to keep other KARMA Modules latched with the Latch Switch.
- If you wanted to assign this to only a single note on the keyboard (say the lowest note of a 76 keyboard), you would set the KARMA Key Zone top and bottom on 7-1 to E1, then you could use the Timbre Transpose parameter on 2-3 to "dial in" the drum sound that you want that note to play.
- To route this to a separate output, simply assign the track/timbre that is making the click sound to an individual output on the IFX bus routing page.
page revision: 8, last edited: 28 Aug 2013 19:22