You want to make the Korg Karma sustain all notes until you play another chord. (Like the "auto-sustain" function found on some arranger keyboards.)
You can do this by using a KARMA GE. We are going to use GE 0250 RT Bender/E113 which is the GE that is doing the guitar hammer-on bending in Program E113 Fusion Guitar. But in this case, we just want it for its ability to sustain notes.
- Select Program A099 Analog Strings 1&2.
- Go to 6.1-1 KARMA Setup. Turn on the "Init K.RTC" checkbox, then select GE 0250 RT Bender/E113.
- Go to 6.1-2 Key Z/T, and turn off the "Thru In Zone" checkbox if it is on (or you will get notes playing on top of themselves.)
- Go to 6.2-2 Trigger and turn off "Quantize Triggers" if it is not off (or you will feel a slight delay when playing).
- Turn on KARMA and the LATCH switch and play a chord or pad.
- Play a chord on the keyboard, or a pad - voila, the notes sustain forever, until the next chord is played.